Lifesaving South Africa (LSA), as part of its partnership with Fanport.co.za, has taken the bold step to offer official SA Champs clothing for pre-order on Fanport’s online store for the 2017 champs season. This move seamlessly improves the variety, quality and efficiency of event clothing for all of the major competitions including the Senior / Junior Champs at Camps Bay, Nipper Champs at Kings Beach and Stillwater Champs in Durban.
As part of the Fanport pre-order model, each of these events now offers official clothing for men, women and children in a variety of sizes, colours and styles. Unlike most competition events, competitors and supporters can choose between hoodies, t-shirts, vests and a variety of caps each with fresh and unique event designs that are more fashionable than a traditional event t-shirt which is often of a very low quality.
The idea behind Fanport and the Lifesaving SA clothing range is multi-faceted:
- Remove the need for large upfront costs to order clothing that may or may not sell.
- Reduce wastage by encouraging the pre-ordering of clothing online so only orders placed beforehand are printed.
- Offer a larger and higher quality clothing range to suit all participants and supporters needs
- Design of the event clothing to be more fashionable and thus more desirable to own and wear for longer periods of time.
- Raise funds for lifesaving in South Africa..
For LSA President, Dylan Tommy, the prospect of offering a larger and higher quality range of clothing is one that he feels will improve the LSA events experience for competitors and supporters alike moving forward. “Launching a LSA clothing range has been a dream of mine for many years. I have always wanted to see people wearing casual/everyday lifesaving branded clothing, as it is a cool way to promote lifesaving and show off your love & support for lifesaving.”
As part of the initial launch phase, Fanport has been, and will be, working hard at informing members of the wider Lifesaving community, most notably in the Western Cape by being at as many events as possible in the run up to the various competitions. For the rest of the country they’ll be focusing on doing live Facebook videos on their Facebook Page walking the competitors and supporters through the process of ordering and taking a look at the products on offer.
Thus far Fanport has been at the Senior / Junior WP Champs at Milnerton last weekend and had good initial success in meeting the various parents and competitors by showing them the champs range and helping them understand how the process works. Fanport will be at the Nipper WP Champs at Clifton this coming weekend where the SA Nipper Champs range will be launched.
For those wanting to know how the ordering and collection process will work, fear not the steps are outlined below:
- Each SA Champs event has their own 2 week ordering window. This is clearly seen at the top of each product and on the official event page on our website.
- Products can be pre-ordered online by selecting your products, sizes and quantities. Payment is done online via Credit Card, EFT, Snapscan or Zapper on the checkout page.
- Confirmed orders are then printed and will be available for collection at the Fanport branded gazebo at the relevant event location for the duration of the champs.
- Bring your confirmation email to the Fanport gazebo and we’ll hand you your order in a nice package with your name on it 🙂
*Please note that although some items may be available for purchase at the event there will be no guarantee that your size or your preferred item will be available. Thus it is best to guarantee your happiness by placing your order within the specified time frame.
When it comes to sizes, we are always available to help you order the right size. Please contact us: [email protected] and we’ll help you, although all size charts are available on each individual product’s page.
For the duration of each event the original casual fundraising range will be on sale where we will be able to accept credit cards via Peach Payments, Snapscan, Zapper or cash. Nothing will prevent you from getting your hands on the official LSA Apparel!